Thursday, September 17, 2020

Review: Where the Lost Wander


Where the Lost WanderWhere the Lost Wander by Amy Harmon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Rarely is a book 5 stars to me. This book was an excellent read with many feels throughout it.

I wish the prologue wasn't there. After reading it, the immense sorrow I felt, made the rest of the book feel different. The prologue tells of a very important event in the story about 3/4 the way through. Then the book starts at the beginning and leads you up to that prologue and after. So the whole time I'm reading the book I am filled with sadness and dread because I already know what is going to happen 3/4 the way in. This doesn't take away from the book's greatness. I was still sucked into the lives of these people emigrating across the Oregon Trail.

Part of the fun of this book was reading about the travel across the Oregon Trail. Like any kid that grew up in the 80s and 90s I played "the Oregon Trail" game on the computer for school. It was fun to read about the places I had already been aware of from the game. It was like putting the game to life with real people. I knew where they were on their journey, I knew where they were going, and I remember the hardships my "settlers" faced at certain parts so I sort of knew what was yet to come.

I wish there was a sequel, the book was that good. I didn't skim any pages, I was thoroughly engrossed in the story the entire time. It took me 2 days to read but only because I had other things to do too. Nothing was predictable or stale, the story was awesome. 

READING PROGRESS
September 14, 2020 – Started Reading
September 14, 2020 – Shelved
September 16, 2020 – Finished Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you!