Amish Front Porch Stories by Wanda E. BrunstetterMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
For some reason, I just could not get into this book. I really wanted to enjoy it, especially because I normally love Amish fiction, but unfortunately, this one just didn’t work for me.
The biggest issue I had was that the stories were simply too short to allow me to become invested in the characters. The book is made up of 18 “short tales,” but most of them felt more like very brief essays or snapshots than fully developed stories. Many were only around 5–8 pages long, which didn’t give the characters, relationships, or situations enough time to develop. Just as I started getting interested in someone’s story, it seemed to be over and another one would begin.
I also struggled with the fact that the stories didn’t seem to have much connection to one another. I kept waiting for the different pieces to come together or for there to be a larger storyline tying everything together, but that never really happened. Because of that, I found it difficult to feel emotionally connected to the book as a whole.
I rarely stop reading a book before finishing it, but I ended up putting this one down about halfway through. There just wasn’t enough substance to keep me engaged, and I found myself wishing the individual stories had been longer and more developed.
That being said, I know that every reader is different, and someone who enjoys very short, simple stories may appreciate this collection much more than I did. Unfortunately, this one was a miss for me. Not every book is for everyone, and this just wasn’t my book.
August 9, 2026 – Started Reading
View all my reviews
August 10, 2026 – Shelved
View all my reviews
Happy Reading!
~*~ The Bookworm Geek ~*~
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thank you!