Friday, September 25, 2026

Between the Sound and Sea by Amanda Cox

Between the Sound and SeaBetween the Sound and Sea by Amanda Cox
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another outstanding book by Amanda Cox! I am devouring her books because she is such a skilled storyteller. She has a wonderful way of drawing you into the story right away and making you genuinely care about the characters and what happens to them. I was so sad when this book ended. I found myself wishing I could continue on with these characters and see where their lives took them after everything they had been through. The book does a good job of bringing everything to a satisfying close, and there is no cliffhanger, but I still just didn't want it to end!

This book reminded me quite a bit of The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. However, I felt that this story allowed me to get much more deeply into the characters and their histories, rather than focusing as much on the lighthouse itself and the duties involved in running it. This book is really about the people, their stories, and the things they experience. While the lighthouse plays a very important role in the story, the technical aspects of operating one are not the main focus.

Predictability: Low.  Near the beginning of the book I thought I knew what was going to happen, but I was thrown for a pleasant surprise when it turned out differently. 

Once again, I couldn't put this book down. I stayed up way too late reading and finished it in a little over 24 hours! I only have one more of Amanda Cox's books left to read, and I'm already sad that I'll soon be out of new books from her.

What is this book about?
Joey Harris leaves her small town to escape the fallout from a lawsuit involving her family. She takes a temp job restoring an old lighthouse on a remote North Carolina island, hoping for a fresh start.
While there, Joey discovers mysterious pages from the lighthouse keeper’s log describing dangerous rescues at sea. When strange events begin happening, the islanders believe the ghost of the former keeper and his daughter, who disappeared during World War II, may be responsible.
As Joey investigates the lighthouse’s history and separates fact from local legends, she uncovers a tragic love story from the past that may still have unfinished business in the present.

If you would like to read this book you can find it here. 
If you would like to read the first book you can find it here: The Edge of Belonging, and you can find my review of it here. 
If you would like to read her second book you can find it here: The Secret Keepers of Old Depot Grocery, and you can find my  book review of it here.
If you would like to read her third book you can find it here: He Should Have Told the Bees, and you can find my review of it here. 

I consider this a 5-star book and a 5-star author. I highly recommend it!

September 22, 2026 – Started Reading
September 23, 2026 – Finished Reading

View all my reviews


Happy Reading! ~*~ The Bookworm Geek ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you!