The Secret Keepers of Old Depot Grocery by Amanda CoxMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I am absolutely drawn to how Amanda Cox weaves a fascinating story throughout her novels. She bounces between the present day and the past, slowly unveiling pieces of each timeline and leading you through a story that beautifully unfolds. The Secret Keepers of Old Depot Grocery is no exception.
When Sarah returns to her childhood home and wants to run the old grocery business with her mother and grandmother, she discovers that her mom wants to close the store. Her mom has always seemed to push Sarah out of the small town where they both grew up, but Sarah may have other ideas.
Grandma Glory Ann starts the story back in 1965 when she confesses to her family that she is pregnant with her deceased fiancĂ©’s baby. In those days, this could be a scarlet letter that ruined a family’s reputation. From there, the story moves between the present day, following Sarah as she tries to get her life back on track, and Glory Ann’s story from the 1960s through the present. Interwoven throughout the story is the mother’s perspective as well.
It is absolutely enthralling and captivating, and you quickly feel like you know these characters. There are so many emotions woven throughout the story, along with moments that may completely blow your mind. It was an amazing story that I absolutely could not put down. I read the book in one day because it pulled me in so completely. I felt like I was right there in the grocery store with them, experiencing everything alongside the characters.
This is the second book I have read by Amanda Cox. The first was The Edge of Belonging, which you can find my review of here. I have already ordered another Amanda Cox novel to read because I love her writing style. I will definitely keep reading her stories.
I consider this a 5-star book and a 5-star author. I highly recommend it!
If you would like to read this book, you can find it here.
August 25, 2026 – Started Reading
View all my reviews
Happy Reading!
~*~ The Bookworm Geek ~*~
August 25, 2026 – Finished Reading
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thank you!