Monday, December 28, 2020

Review: The Great Alone


The Great AloneThe Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This book should come with a warning.
I got the book to read because I thought it was about a family trying to survive in Alaska. You know, homesteading, self-sufficiency, surviving. Instead I got a book with tons of violence, mental health issues, and chock full of domestic violence. This book triggered so much for me. I found my mental health suffering. Things I have buried long ago came to the surface. I got about 2/3 the way through and let the book sit awhile. I decided now to shelf the rest of it. It is super rare that I do not finish a book but this one took me to all the dark places and made me feel horrible.
The book is dark, depressing, and nothing like what I thought.

READING PROGRESS
November 5, 2020 – Started Reading
December 28, 2020 – Finished Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you!