Land of Dreams by Lauraine SnellingMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
**5 stars!** Completely engrossing! I was attached to the characters and their stories right away.
I have lived near Decorah, Iowa, all my life, and I am also very Norwegian, so when I saw this book, I knew I had to pick it up. It felt like it could have been connected to my own family tree. My grandpa came to the Midwest from Norway with his mother when he was just two years old, so I especially loved reading about what life was like for Norwegian immigrants during those days.
The challenges, faith, and endurance of the characters were so refreshing to read about. I found myself becoming completely invested in their lives and finished the book in just three days! The book had be thinking a lot about how I could help others more in my life. Amalia is so open to serving others and grounded in her Faith. It was inspiring.
I loved this book so much that I ordered the second one in the series right away. I want to keep following these characters and find out where their lives take them. Of course, I immediately looked up the third book, only to discover that it hasn’t been released yet! 😠Now I’ll have to wait, which will be hard because I need to know what happens next!
I’m also excited to discover that Lauraine Snelling has several other series that look amazing. I’m so happy to have found a new author whose books I know I’m going to love!
**Book Description:**
On the ship to America, Norwegian immigrant Amalia Gunderson makes a solemn promise to a dying mother, vowing to watch over her five-year-old daughter, Ruth. Together, Amalia and Ruth trek to Iowa to claim the farm and former boardinghouse that Ruth has inherited, despite opposition from a difficult cousin. Struggling with an empty house and scarce resources, Amalia resolves to return the boardinghouse to its former purpose, aided by the kindness of strangers and the resilient spirit of her young charge.
August 3, 2026 – Started Reading
August 6, 2026 – Finished Reading
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thank you!