Saturday, January 4, 2020

Review: EMBRACE THE WIND: An Historical Novel of the American West

EMBRACE THE WIND: An Historical Novel of the American West EMBRACE THE WIND: An Historical Novel of the American West by Susan Denning
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The second book in this series was much better than the first. I read it in less than 24 hours because the story was so good.
Things that bothered me are that the author spends long drawn out pages on one event and then skips briefly past others that seem more important. For example, one incident takes 5 pages and a death takes 2 sentences? It just doesn't make sense.
This book ended better than the first book; however, I still feel like some parts are written weird. The main character says and acts totally contrary to what she is like in the rest of the book. I can't give specifics without spoiling. The main character needs to be consistent. She was smart most the book but then in one part was completely dense and stupid? She is strong and smart mouthed most the book but is completely helpless and meak in another incident?
Besides these flaws I was totally drawn into the story. I loved every bit. I really wish there was a third in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you!