Monday, January 27, 2020

Review: The Secret Wife

The Secret WifeThe Secret Wife by Gill Paul
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not sure how to review this book. Did I like it? It was just ok.
Did it give me any emotions/feels? No, not really. I didn't laugh, cry, or anything while reading it.
I didn't read every word; skimming the many boring doldrums. I felt like some of it got to be so repetitive.
I enjoyed the present day story much better with Kitty but I felt her character was inconsistent. For the most part she comes off as strong, independent, etc. But at a few parts in the story her character seem so incredibly off and not like her. I would have loved to know more about where her life ended up. Is there a sequel planned? I feel like her story just abruptly ended. Did she publish? Did she do the DNA? Short of adding spoilers I will leave it at that. I wanted to know more and not have it end as it did.
Normally I love historical romance, however the stories in the past were so much filled with war that it was hard for me to keep interest. I'm not into reading about the war or war strategies at all.
Therefore, this book is just ok. I won't read it again. I'm not mad I read it, but I don't know if I should have read it.

READING PROGRESS
January 14, 2020 – Started Reading
January 26, 2020 – Finished Reading

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you!