Thursday, January 16, 2020

Review: Pax

Pax Pax by Sara Pennypacker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Beautiful and amazing story. The two things that stuck with me throughout the book were sorrow and adaptation. I cannot believe this is a book for young readers - the message is powerful and very much useful to adults.
The story was building and building and then it reached a climax and then ended! I was mad, sad, torn. I wanted more story. I wanted to know what happened to each of the characters (besides the dad, he was a jerk). I do hope there is a sequel. I felt like I was left hanging.
I read this because the reviews mentioned how it was a good book for adults to read and it sounded interesting. I loved having the two points of view, the fox and the boy. I really loved the dimension to the fox; I could have read from his point of view all day.
I tried to get my teenager (13) to read it but she felt too much sorrow after the first chapter and didn't want to go on. I highly suggest this book to any adult.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you!